Founded in 2019 by Vishal Chopra and Himanshu Gupta, WeRize is building India’s largest full
stack financial services brand for 300 million underserved middle-class customers who live in
4000+ small towns of India. This customer segment is not served by private sector banks, Insurers
and Mutual Fund companies due to their low ticket-size and lifetime value and is dependent on
PSU/Govt. banks. PSU/Government banks rarely provide financial products beyond basic savings
accounts and these customers lack access to unsecured loans, credit cards, health and life
insurance and investment products. WeRize manufactures innovative Credit, Savings and Group
Insurance products designed for this customer base keeping in mind their needs, requirements
and purchasing power, with a view to add a layer of financial security to their lives and enable
access to credit.
While customers in these geographies use smartphones, they need proper guidance and support
when purchasing the right financial products for themselves. So, a pure digital model doesn’t
work for this segment. WeRize has innovated on this front through its ‘Finance ki online dukaan
(Social Shopify of Finance)’, a first of its kind social distribution tech platform in the financial
services space that educates and enables local financially literate freelancers across these small
towns to source business through online and offline channels, recommend the right financial
product(s) to customers as well as provide after sales support. These freelancers, who are located
in more than 1000+ towns and cities, earn as much as INR 30,000 a month from WeRize in
Our social distribution platform supported by financially literate freelancers means exceptionally
low cost of customer acquisition (CAC) and operations costs compared to both fully digital and
on-the-ground financial services providers. Digital conversions among this target group are way
lower when compared to upper income customers in metros and hence pure digital CAC
doesn’t work for this segment. While companies like LIC and Fino Bank also rely on freelancer
distribution, they deploy local on-field teams/branches to manage freelancers in every city. That
results in very high CAC and operations costs for such companies. WeRize on the other hand, has
been able to acquire, train and manage thousands of freelancers in 1000+ cities only through its
tech platform and without any feet-on-street team of its own. This results in highly profitable
business model for Werize.
To know more about the company, please visit: https://www.werize.com/
• Annualized Revenue Run Rate of $11Mn as of June 2022. ( Approx $1Mn per month).We
are growing aggressively and our revenues are doubling every 6 months
• Profitability- Unlike most of other startups, we are already profitable because of our
unique distribution model.
• Geography Covered- Served customers in 1500+ cities pan india. Aim to cover all 4000
cities in next 3 years.
Funds Raised: $26 million (INR 192 Crore)
Valuation - $ 115.5Mn (INR 900 Crore)
Stage: Pre- Series B (raised June 2022)
Vishal Chopra, Co-Founder & CEO:
- Ex-CBO Lendingkart – India’s largest Fintech Lender ($150Mn+ fund raise)
- Fist hire of Amazon India - part of the leadership team that launched Amazon.in
- Regional Director, Souq.com - largest e-commerce player in the Middle East. Raised
$425Mn, acquired by Amazon
- MBA, ISB Hyderabad
Himanshu Gupta, Co-Founder & COO:
- Ex-VP and Head of Data Science, Lendingkart – created AI/ML models and maintained
NPAs < 2% vs 8% industry avg
- Data Scientist, IHS Markit
- BTech, IIT Delhi
- 10+ years’ experience in AI/ML
Head of Collections:
South India Head-Collections, Bajaj Finance; managed 800-member team
Head of Product:
BTech, IIT Kanpur; Product Leader at Lendingkart and Flipkart
Head of Technology:
Btech CS, IIT Kanpur; Tech Leader at Paytm and Medlife
Head of Business:
MBA- IMT Ghaziabad, Operations Leader, Lendingkart
Head of Credit Ops:
Regional Head, HDB (HDFC subsidiary)
• BS/MS or higher degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related work
• 1-4 years of strong individual contributor experience as a software engineer in test.
• Strong working experience on Manual Testing.
• Working knowledge with Data base and basic SQL queries.
• API testing experience would be added advantage.
• Experienced on Testing the Web and Mobile application (Android).
• Strong working knowledge of test automation frameworks like Selenium, Appium, unit
• Experience with JAVA programming language.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to discuss complex concepts with technical peers.
• Experience with automation test scripts development and CI/CD tools like Jenkins.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Understand the product requirement document and project details.
• Own and maintain the quality of large feature/product.
• Design, develop and execute the test cases.
• Actively contribute to issue analysis, reporting and documentation.
• Actively involved in maintain the quality of products.
• Working closely with the product team to understanding the new feature requirement.
• Communicate within the team and across the teams for any challenges faced.
• Participate in daily sync-up/update meetings.
Good to have:
• Understanding the automation framework set up.
• Identify the scope and develop the automation test scripts.
• Maintaining the automation suite/test scrips.
• Analysing automation test execution results, finding the root cause and fixing the issues.