About Global Tech.
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.3 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.Being human-led is our true disruption.
· Through this role you have an opportunity to develop intuitive software that meets and exceeds the needs of the customer and the company.
· You also get to collaborate with team members to develop best practices and client requirements for the software.
· In this role it would be important for you to professionally maintain all codes and create updates regularly to address the customer’s and company’s concerns
· You will show your skills in analysing and testing programs/products before formal launch to ensure flawless performance
· Troubleshooting coding problems quickly and efficiently will offer you a chance to grow your skills in a high-pace, high-impact environment.
· Software security is of prime importance and by developing programs that monitor sharing of private information, you will be able to add tremendous credibility to your work
· You will also be required to seek ways to improve the software and its effectiveness.
· You will be called upon to support the coaching and training of other team members to ensure all employees are confident in the use of software applications
· Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree with 4-8 years of experience in Computer Science or related field.
· Proficient in Java 8, experience using Spring framework.
· Experience with ORM frameworks, mainly Hibernate.
· Hands-on experience with Java/J2EE technologies and Java Application Server
· Hands on experience in implementing REST APIs.
· Experience with build tools - Maven/ Gradle.
· Experience in writing test code Junit5 and Mockito.
· Proficiency working in Linux/unix environments
· Strong understanding of OOPS concepts, Data Structures & Design Patterns
· Proficiency in GIT and other versioning tools
· DB experience and interacts with SQL & No-SQL databases.
· Good to know data processing pipelines using Flink / Spark / Kafka Able to design modular, reusable components and Apply best practices
· Experience in Cloud Technologies viz. Azure / GCP
· Experience in Agile Development environment
· Working knowledge of Continuous Integration (DevOps) and relevant tools such as Jenkins)
Key Technology Skills:
Core Skills: Full Stack - React Js, Node Js, Java/J2EE
DataBase: Azure Cosmos, GCP, SQL Database
Messaging and communication: APIs/RESTful Services
Middleware: Rest API & Micro Services, Torbit & API Proxy
Cloud Technologies: Azure / GCP
Monitoring/Logging: Splunk, Dynatrace
Walmart Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.