Skill-Lync is building an online engineering college. We are re-engineeringengineering education. The last 2 decades have seen a disconnect between industryand academia, this has resulted in colleges not teaching industry-relevant technical skills and thereby students becoming unemployable. This is a global problemandat Skill-Lync we are determined to solve this at scale.
Creating an altogether new engineering curriculum, taking it to the masses, anddelivering it to the students in a way that they fall in love with engineering is what our goal is. If you can think about providing an education better than MIT or Stanfordat a fraction of the price; delivering the same high-quality education to everyone whotakes it; and making sure they succeed in achieving their goals as a result of our education. This is what we are building. We are looking for individuals who can bringtheir experience and help us build an alternate engineering college thereby providinghigh-quality engineering education to the future generation.
A brain child of Sarang and Suryanarayanan, started off by “Teaching 30 Mechanical Engineers, Matlab” at the college from where they have graduated in 2013. Inthenext 2 years, they had 12 colleges using them to teach their Mechanical Engineers,
Matlab. They thought of expanding this idea since Engineering education is not helping the graduates to land up in their jobs, because graduates are not skilledenough to work in the industry, That’s the gap Surya and Sarang wanted to bridge. That’s how they expanded the idea of giving upskilling/industry relevant courses tograduates and the working professionals. There has been no looking back fromthat time and there have been no regrets. In 2019, after applying to YCombinator for the9thtime, their application got accepted in WC2019 batch. In Jan 2019 Skill-Lyncbecame a YC company, we were a 20-member team with a strong focus on providingcareer-defining online mechanical, automotive engineering courses.
The new buzz now is we have raised raised $17.5 million in a Series A round, ledbyIron Pillar. Binny Bansal (co-founder of Flipkart), Sai Krishnamurthy (co-founder of Flipkart), Sai Krishnamurthy (co-founder of Xto10X), and Rashmi Kwatra (Founder of Sixteenth Street Capital ) have joined in as new investors alongwith our existing investors YCombinator and Better Capital.
Right now, we at Skill-Lync have 650+ dedicated, hardworking, perseverant peopleworking together and trying to make engineering education better. Duringthis period, we have become the upskilling destination for Mechanical Automotive, Electrical, Civil Engineering in India & the world.
Job title: Product Manager
To help us continue to grow our offerings, we’re in search of an experienced product manager to lead our multi-disciplinary development team. We are looking for adynamic person who will be responsible for the product planning and executionthroughout the Product Lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product andcustomer requirements and defining the product vision.
What would you be doing?
● Develops and champions a world class product vision and strategy, ensures alignment of product vision, strategy, and status with the executive leadershipteam's priorities and vision as well as team’s stakeholders.
● Drives the execution of multiple projects in an Agile/Scrumban Environment for Product Management including product requirements.
● Partner very closely with High Performing Engineering teams to ensure we arebuilding scalable software products that meet customer needs and on time withquality.
● Be technically savvy to build and grow technical platforms and products as well as contribute to engineering conversations & priorities in a scrappy, ambiguous start-up environment
● Be an advocate of metric/data-based decision making.
● Promotes and supports mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity. ● Perform customer research, feedback, usage analytics and competitive analysis toidentify new product requirements
● Manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organizedandstructured way and willing to do what it takes to make our product successful.
Our desired candidate profile:
● Bachelor’s degree with focus on Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field. MBA is a plus ● 2-4 years’ experience in product management, business consulting, or relatedfield.
● Sound business judgment as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
● Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically ● Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, proven abilitytoinfluence others internally and externally.