Skill-Lync is building an online engineering college. We are re-engineeringengineering education. The last 2 decades have seen a disconnect between industryand academia, this has resulted in colleges not teaching industry-relevant technical skills and thereby students becoming unemployable. This is a global problemandat Skill-Lync we are determined to solve this at scale.
Creating an altogether new engineering curriculum, taking it to the masses, anddelivering it to the students in a way that they fall in love with engineering is what our goal is. If you can think about providing an education better than MIT or Stanfordat a fraction of the price; delivering the same high-quality education to everyone whotakes it; and making sure they succeed in achieving their goals as a result of our education. This is what we are building. We are looking for individuals who can bringtheir experience and help us build an alternate engineering college thereby providinghigh-quality engineering education to the future generation.
A brain child of Sarang and Suryanarayanan, started off by “Teaching 30 Mechanical Engineers, Matlab” at the college from where they have graduated in 2013. Inthenext 2 years, they had 12 colleges using them to teach their Mechanical Engineers,
Matlab. They thought of expanding this idea since Engineering education is not helping the graduates to land up in their jobs, because graduates are not skilledenough to work in the industry, That’s the gap Surya and Sarang wanted to bridge. That’s how they expanded the idea of giving upskilling/industry relevant courses tograduates and the working professionals. There has been no looking back fromthat time and there have been no regrets. In 2019, after applying to YCombinator for the9thtime, their application got accepted in WC2019 batch. In Jan 2019 Skill-Lyncbecame a YC company, we were a 20-member team with a strong focus on providingcareer-defining online mechanical, automotive engineering courses.
The new buzz now is we have raised raised $17.5 million in a Series A round, ledbyIron Pillar. Binny Bansal (co-founder of Flipkart), Sai Krishnamurthy (co-founder of Flipkart), Sai Krishnamurthy (co-founder of Xto10X), and Rashmi Kwatra (Founder of Sixteenth Street Capital ) have joined in as new investors alongwith our existing investors YCombinator and Better Capital.
Right now, we at Skill-Lync have 900+ dedicated, hardworking, perseverant peopleworking together and trying to make engineering education better.One of thegreatest strengths we have is a great team of alumni of leading global companies now working with us, Ex-Managing Director of Accenture, Ex-VP Marketingof WhiteHat Jr, Samsung R&D Head, and senior managers from BOSCH, ABB, Michelin, KPIT, Tech Mahindra, etc.
Job title: Product Manager - Growth
As a Growth Product Manager, you will be responsible for driving growth for our existing products and building new products that will drive growth for Skill-Lync.
● Define and Own Key product metrics for your product portfolio. ● Work with Business Stakeholders, Marketing, Research, and Operations teamtoIdentify, drive growth for existing and new products.
● Work with design team to ensure the high-quality design and User Experiences. ● Work with Engineering for timely delivery of high-quality products that users love
● 4+ years of experience in product management.
● Strong understanding of digital marketing channels and growth hacking, prior 0to 1 experience is preferred.
● Strong experience in user acquisition, conversion, and retention. ● Familiarity with both quantitative & qualitative research methods includingABtesting, data analytics, and user research.
● Strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills.
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
● Proactive, self-motivated team player with a high degree of ownership.
● Prior Startup experience is preferred.
● Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup