Skill-Lync is building an online engineering college. We are re-engineering engineering
education. The last 2 decades have seen a disconnect between industry and academia, this
has resulted in colleges not teaching industry-relevant technical skills and thereby students
becoming unemployable. This is a global problem and at Skill-Lync we are determined to solve
this at scale.
Creating an altogether new engineering curriculum, taking it to the masses, and delivering it
to the students in a way that they fall in love with engineering is what our goal is. If you can
think about providing an education better than MIT or Stanford at a fraction of the price;
delivering the same high-quality education to everyone who takes it; and making sure they
succeed in achieving their goals as a result of our education. This is what we are building. We
are looking for individuals who can bring their experience and help us build an alternate
engineering college thereby providing high-quality engineering education to the future
A brainchild of Sarang and Suryanarayanan started off by “Teaching 30 Mechanical Engineers,
Matlab” at the college from where they have graduated in 2013. In the next 2 years, they had
12 colleges using them to teach their Mechanical Engineers, Matlab. They thought of
expanding this idea since Engineering education is not helping the graduates to land their jobs
because graduates are not skilled enough to work in the industry, That’s the gap Surya and
Sarang wanted to bridge. That’s how they expanded the idea of giving upskilling/industry-
relevant courses to graduates and working professionals. There has been no looking back
from that time and there have been no regrets. In 2019, after applying to YCombinator for the
th time, their application got accepted in the WC2019 batch. In Jan 2019 Skill-Lync became a
YC company, we were a 20-member team with a strong focus on providing career-defining
online mechanical, and automotive engineering courses.
The new buzz now is we have raised $17.5 million in a Series A round, led by Iron Pillar. Binny
Bansal (co-founder of Flipkart), Sai Krishnamurthy
(co-founder of Flipkart), Sai Krishnamurthy (co-founder of Xto10X), and Rashmi Kwatra
(Founder of Sixteenth Street Capital) have joined in as new investors along with our existing
investors YCombinator and Better Capital.
Right now, we at Skill-Lync have 2250+ dedicated, hardworking, perseverant people working
together and trying to make engineering education better. One of the greatest strengths we
have is a great team of alumni of leading global companies now working with us, Ex-Managing
Director of Accenture, Ex-VP Marketing of WhiteHat Jr, Samsung R&D Head, and senior
managers from BOSCH, ABB, Michelin, KPIT, Tech Mahindra, etc.
Job title: Full Stack Developer
We are looking for a highly skilled computer programmer who is comfortable with both front
and back-end programming. Full-stack developers are responsible for developing and
designing front-end web architecture, ensuring the responsiveness of applications, and working
alongside graphic designers for web design features, among other duties.
• Design and code feature in the front-end and back-end as per the specifications provided
by the Product and Design teams.
• Ship features in fast-moving agile sprints.
• Work closely with Product Design and Product Management teams to brainstorm and
chalk out details of features.
• Ability to build a feature from scratch & drive it to completion.
• Strong skills in architecting database models.
• Ability to document your code as this will be an open-core project.
• Ability to write unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
• Conduct peer code review.
• Good understanding of asynchronous programming, callback, and closures.
• Experience developing applications that use queues like SQS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.
• Experience with AWS services like S3, EC2, etc.
• Experience with Docker.
• Strong experience with ReactJS: hooks, functional programming, and optimizing render
• Good knowledge of CSS.
• Experience with creating cross-browser-compatible web apps.
• Test-driven development and use of frameworks like Mocha, Cypress.
• Strong proficiency in English and writing skills.