What is Quasar?
Quasar is a Singapore-based quantitative trading desk that is being developed by India’s leading blockchain technology
studio, Somish Blockchain Labs. Quasar’s mandate is to design, implement and monitor medium frequency
quantitative trading strategies on publicly traded crypto assets for managing Investor wealth using our in-house
custom-built analysis and trading infrastructure.
1. Quasar has created its own proprietary analysis infrastructure. We leverage this infrastructure and the
proprietary data we have gathered to create different quantitative systematic strategies. We create risk
adjusted strategies with high Sharpe and high Information ratio.
2. These systematic strategies are traded on exchanges worldwide on multiple spot and derivative instruments
using our automated trading infrastructure.
3. Quasar is responsible for creating quantitative trading strategies both long term and short term to manage
internal funds of PlotX.
4. The long term vision is to create a track record on internal funds. Eventually this will lead to forming a hedge
fund that attracts external investors to invest in the different strategies created by Quasar.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our awesome team in Somish Blockchain Labs. We are seeking enthusiastic,
self-motivated data analysts to work collaboratively with our team to meet the Quasar mission of delivering superior risk-
adjusted returns using proprietary modeling techniques. Our analysts are data savvy and highly motivated to investigate,
develop and continually improve datasets. The feedback loop for this team is immediate, therefore we look for dynamic and
highly ambitious people who seek to constantly innovate, challenge the status quo and want to work alongside some of the
most talented and intelligent people in the business.
Summary of Job Functions
• Understand the data-related needs of all internal parties, especially of Quasar team.
• Leverage this data to build solutions using python libraries like PlotLy Dash / matplotlib /Flask / HTML / Tableau.
• Maintaining and improving the existing PlotLy Dash and Tableau dashboards that are used for live portfolio
monitoring, managing as well as dashboards built for analysis.
• Visually unlock the value of the vast quantities of data produced by the strategies.
• Obtain and document requirements for new datasets.
• Investigate datasets, continually strive to improve them, including increased automation, usability, transparency,
documentation, and QA.
• Investigate data anomalies and proactively identify and fix data defects.
• Study new topics and gain domain knowledge.
• Identify new datasets from external sources that may help the internal research team.
• Have a consultant mindset, always striving to anticipate and meet the needs of our quant developers and traders.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What you need to succeed in this role👇:
• Academic degree in a related area: e.g. Math, Statistics, Data Science, Computer science, Engineering, Econometrics
• Prior experience building visualisation dashboards for live and historical data using python libraries and other
toolkits like PlotLy Dash / matplotlib /Flask / HTML / Tableau.
• 1.5 -3 years of experience managing and analyzing data for example, accounting, finance, business intelligence, or
• Basic familiarity with SQL query-writing and working with large databases/datasets.
• Ability to demonstrate strong problem-solving skills with an aptitude for numbers and accuracy.
• Advanced knowledge of Python experience with scientific Python stack (e.g. Pandas, Numpy and SciPy) .
• Experience with data analysis tools such as Tableau, Excel (Excel / ODBC connectivity a plus) Statistics / math
background and orientation.
• Strong focus on data quality and attention to detail.
• Experience working with trading / financial / investment / accounting data.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience working with high-volume data.
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in a demanding, team-oriented and fast-paced environment.
• High analytical aptitude, and problem-solving experience in highly technical environment
• Visualisation of data. PLotlydash html etc.
• Gathering data and maintaining data.
• Investigating data skill .
What we have to offer🙌:
• Chance to work in quantitative trading in the cryptocurrency asset class.
• Competitive financial rewards + annual PLI (Performance Linked Incentive)
• Work from wherever you choose. Our contributors are a varied bunch - some work from home, some from a
coworking space, some from a local cafe, others are nomads.
• Exposure to Defi and blockchain with a live crypto-based product built using Ethereum having raised $2.4
• Another bonus — we do not have time tracking and other micromanagement typical of galleys. All on trust;