ZigupMainLogo
Login / Signup
#Discussion

How much to ask as CTC for 8 year exp Backend Java for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous author | 8mon

I cleared all rounds for Morgan Stanley last week and also submitted some documents like Aadhar and present company bonus letter. HR round is still pending. My current fixed CTC is 15 lpa with a bonus of about 2.8 L. How much can I negotiate for? Can I ask upto 34 lpa? This was through a consultancy and they were saying Morgan Stanley gives only 40% on top of the fixed CTC
upvoteIcon1
viewIcon384
commentIcon12
dmIcon0
DMdmDiagIcon
Comments
Epam Systems ·User 18mon
25 lpa ask is justified
skillsIcon
Upvote
commentIcon
DmIcon
DM
EY ·Author8mon
From what I have heard Morgan Stanley pays much more. And also I believe that the CTC should be based on the number of years of experience and not the previous CTC.
skillsIcon
DmIcon
DM
Anonymous ·User 28mon
If it is a permanent role with MS ,ask 30 fixed on top of it you will get around 10% bonus which you will based on performance. If it is a contract not sure.
skillsIcon
commentIcon
DmIcon
DM
EY ·Author8mon
Yes.. It is a permanent role with MS. Thanks for the suggestion
skillsIcon
Upvote
DmIcon
DM
EY ·Author8mon
Do you work with MS by any chance?
skillsIcon
Upvote
DmIcon
DM
Deutsche Telekom ·User 38mon
Let them come up with a number. Offer me what you offer others with similar experience level. I am underpaid on my current salary. If this does not work Ask for a base of 35 that is quite reasonable for MS with exp of 8 years. No MS gives more not just 40%. It's a fair ask. If they are not ready accept what they offer. Do apply at other places. You have cleared MS so you have a fair chance at other places. 35 base will be reasonable salary for you. Don't settle for less.
skillsIcon
commentIcon
DmIcon
DM
Housing.com ·User 48mon
Bro give them a range of 30+ Lpa as fixed. Say that this what MS pays for people of my experience and then let them decide the number. Don't quote a number yourself
skillsIcon
commentIcon
DmIcon
DM
EY ·Author8mon
Thanks everyone for your inputs.. I asked for a minimum of 30 lpa and was regretting maybe I asked less. Today I got the offer mad they offered me 34. I am happy with it . Going to accept the offer
skillsIcon
commentIcon
DmIcon
DM
Milliman ·User 58mon
Congratulations, be happy that you got what you expected.
skillsIcon
DmIcon
DM
EY ·Author8mon
Thank you guys.. For all your comments
skillsIcon
Upvote
commentIcon
DmIcon
DM
Anonymous ·User 68mon
Please share your email id to refer in MS